Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Open House: A Wonderfully Fine Time

Open House is one of my favorite school events.  I always have a wonderfully fine time seeing people as they come to visit school.  I like open house because everyone is so happy.

For 32 years I have greeted students, parents, grandparents, and family members as they come in the front door of Silver Creek Elementary.  The office window is a perfect place to be during open house.  Most people come into school through door A, and door A is right by the office,  I get to say, "Hello and thanks for coming to open house" to hundreds of people.

Deciding how many people visit during open house is difficult because four different doors are used for entry.  By using door A as a basis, I estimate that over 2,500 people visited school last night.  I think 99.5% of them were pretty happy.

Parents and family members "thank you" for coming to visit.  By your words and actions, you sent a strong message to your children.  Your attendance told them that you believe school is important, and that you believe learning is important.

I want to give a big shout out and thank you to all of the SCE teachers, who gave their time to be at open house.  A few were even sick and they still showed up.  Working with these professionals is a blessing

To all of the SCE students who happily skipped past the office window and whispered to their parents, "That's Dr. Losey", thank you for helping my evening be fun.  Open house is a wonderfully fine time.


No comments:

Post a Comment