Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Buying Blue Jeans Can Be a Celebration!

I am still at Oklahoma City with Red Cross Relief. Today is a day "off work" for me. The ARC requires one day off after a week of relief work. Requiring a day off reduces and hopefully eliminates compassion fatigue. If we are exhausted, we can't really help the folks here.

Knowing I would have a day off, I stopped at JC Penneys last night on the way back to the hotel. I needed to buy another pair of blue jeans to make it through the two week service. I bought Levi jeans. Are you ready for this? Ta da, I bought Levis with a waist size of 34!!! A year ago, I was wearing jeans with a waist size of 44. That's right sports fans, 10 inches less. Hooray! I just needed to celebrate with my friends, thanks for reading. Tomorrow, I will be back at the MARC in Moore, Oklahoma.

I have permission to post this picture of my FAVORITE two clients in Oklahoma. These two young ladies helped brighten a tough day this week. No names allowed, so let's just call them Cutie 1 and her sister, Cutie 2.



No comments:

Post a Comment