Wednesday, May 29, 2013

It Really Was Memorial Day, Only Labor Day in My Mind

Yesterday, I wrote about beginning my trip to Oklahoma on the Labor Day holiday.  Oops!  It really was Memorial Day.  I guess I was too focused on beginning labor for the Red Cross Disaster relief :-)

In this short post, I want to sincerely voice my appreciation for Google.  I know, Google will soon control the world.  Maybe, having Google in charge would not be too bad of an idea.

When I landed in Oklahoma City at Will Rogers Airport, I picked up an Avis Rental car and headed for a place called "neck id".   That's right, "neck id".  If you say it with a slight southwestern accent, it sounds even more like "naked".  And, without Google, specifically Google Maps/Navigation, I would never have made it to "neck id" in the dark of night.

When people were saying "neck id", they were really talking about N.C.E.D.  NCED is National Center for Employee Development, which is administered by the United States Post Office.  NCED has a hotel attached for training (development) participants.  NCED would be my new home for the next two weeks.  Without Google Navigation, I would never have found it.  So, thanks Google.  Thanks to the pleasant voice who told me "Turn right at the entrance ramp to I-35 south."

More stories from Oklahoma tonight.  I still have to write about the American Red Cross being awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment